Being in the dark plays tricks on your mind. Yesterday evening, around 7:30, my mind was ready for bed! Obviously, we can't go to sleep that early, but you can't just sit in the dark and listen to country music on a battery-operated radio either. Well, you can, but it leads to wanting to hit the sack entirely too soon. It's too dark to unpack & move things, so it's a touch miserable because you feel tired and you can't really do anything.
I guess I should be happy, at the very least, that we are on the far side of having moved!
Do not adjust your screen, this is picture perfect!

He-haul:

Some guy off the street:

The crew:

SOLO arriving:

Break time:

Hot Dog. He is handling being inside 24/7 EXCEPT AT NIGHT when he prowls, meows & makes it hard for us to sleep by walking on our faces and necks.

Having loving family & friends to help move is the only way to go. Trust me. I don't think we would've survived this ordeal without these fine folks. It doesn't mean that I haven't hit my head on a shelf which led me to suffer a mini-breakdown. Fortunately, no one was around to witness that episode. I was hemorrhaging at the mouth; it would've made you blush.
All of this made for celebrating a birthday very difficult. I'm sure that some of ya'll are tuning your tiny violins to play pitiful sad music for me, but, UGH. Worst. Birthday. Ever. I'm not even going to count that as my birthday. Hopefully, we can make up for it this weekend with an intimate get-together at our new place. Five words: Nacho bar & ice cream cake.
My mind is somewhere strange, so I am forgetting details and events, but what a wild weekend. We are never moving again.
It's time to start planning (or help planning) a possible trip to Fayetteville, Thanksgiving & the Peek baby shower.
3 comments:
Woo hoo! I LOVE the pic of the whole gang on the front stoop. LOVE. IT. Cheers to electricity tomorrow! You are troopers for going this long without it, sheesh. Light at the end of the tunnel, literally. xo.
I heard "Am I in trouble?" several times over the weekend. Even Derek said it once, heh.
I feel like I should come down for your birthday.
Post a Comment